Saturday, October 27, 2012

Who am I?

I am nobody yet I am somebody! I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a grand-daughter, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law, a teacher, a co-worker, a business owner, a dance teacher, a working citizen, educated, a reader, creative, a person who will pick up trash off the side of the road and pick items that can be recycled out of the trash, lover of the arts, dog lover, raising chickens lover, sweet tooth advocate, encourager, leader, and passionate. Most importantly, I am a Christian!! I love Jesus!

I was working on the other pages of the blog and staring at our adoption journey thus far. Then itemizing the dreaded list of fees and Satan crept into my mind and asked me, "Who are YOU to adopt a child?" "What makes you think you're strong enough? Smart enough? Have enough money?" My answers: Well, at times I might not be strong enough....it's hard! I might NOT be smart enough. Enough money?...God will provide for us...He already does! But, I DO know who I am to adopt....I am a CHRISTIAN and God has called me to. I am obedient to His will. I am compassionate to this great need and know without a shadow of a doubt this is a journey we are to take. My heart breaks for the 144 million orphans worldwide. Get thee behind me, Satan, you can't have me or my thoughts today. You may not whisper insecurities in my ear. God's got my back! I serve a MIGHTY GOD!

Who are you today? What is God calling you to do? What does Satan whisper in your ear to distract you from God's call? Who will you listen to?

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5


1 comment:

  1. Well said! We serve a mighty God! Pray the process is going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete