Sunday, July 15, 2012

Recap, Update... and well, basically Welcome Back!

I don't want to forget the blessings, lessons, joys, funnies, trials, tribulations, and the everyday ups and downs God has for me.....soooooo the blogging begins again.

What have we been up to since the last post? Well.....
November 2011: began the preliminary paper work and informational meeting to adopt a little boy from Haiti. (Will eventually write a post on answering God's call.)
Also began planning a mission trip to Haiti to serve with Mission of Hope Haiti.
December 2011: Christmas Festivities
January 2012-May2012: Busy Busy Busy Busy: work, school (girls), church, activities, life, fundraising for the mission trip, etc
April 2012: Spring Break to Disney World. A sweet treat from my Step-Dad and Mom!!
May 2012: Dance Recital 2012: The Fruit of the Spirit
June 2-9, 2012: Mission Trip to Haiti with Earl and 5 other friends. (Worthy of its own post/posts too.)
June 2012: kicked adoption applications and paperwork into gear.
July 2012: received word that we have been approved by one of the creches in Haiti that our adoption agency, Bethany Christian Services, works with. (Haven't yet heard from the other.)
July 9-13: The girls attended Music Camp at Snellville United Methodist. I helped out as well. They performed the musical Camp Wise-n-Up!
July 14, 2012: Earl and I celebrated 11 years of marriage!!!!!

The girls were in the musical Camp Wise-n-Up on Friday night. The musical is based on various Proverbs. One of the songs is called No Worries. This morning, I woke abruptly, before my alarm went off. Which for this night owl to wake BEFORE the alarm rings is rare!!! :-) However, this morning, I woke abruptly and wide awake....singing in my head the girls' song, No Worries. The words are : The name of the Lord is a strong tower. No worries. No worries. The name of the Lord is a strong tower. No worries. No worries. Call on His name when you're afraid. Run to Him, He'll keep you safe. The name of the Lord is a strong tower. No worries. No worries. He will never let you stumble. He will never let you fall or crumble. While you're asleep, even then He keeps His eye on you. All who stop and listen will find His safety to be given. Freedom from harm, even in the dark the Lord is there.

Now, I would not classify myself as a "worrier," but I am human and there are times, things, issues, circumstances, that I do stress and WORRY about. One area of concern has been the adoption FEES! While I know without a shadow of a doubt God has called Earl and I to adopt a little boy from Haiti and that He will provide for us, there are times when I look at the list of fees and the dollar sign that it all adds up to and my eyes glaze over and my faith waivers a bit. While we have some fundraisers coming up and the energy and motivation to accompany them, there has still been that little demon of worry sitting on my shoulder. Sooooo, God got real personal with me this morning. He woke me with that little song playing in my head, sent me to my quiet time with him, where I opened up my devotional for today and the first sentence was, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW! ( I love Sarah Young's devotional Jesus Calling.) ....Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly.... Matthew 6:34, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Psalm 62:8

Well, how could I not concede and say, "Ok, Ok, God, I get it! I lift my hands to you. I give you the worries of the adoption fees. I give you the anxiousness that comes with the 'hurry up to wait' part of the adoption journey. The call is from You, so I give all the details back to You."

Just like the little song says, The name of the Lord is a strong tower. No worries! No worries! Thank you, God, for teaching, reaching, and speaking to me.


3 comments:

  1. When we were doing Christi's Bible study, one of the last days was talking about trusting God and not trying to be the one in control all the time. (hard for me :) ) She said "Let God be God." I took a pic of it in my book and it's my screen saver when my phone is locked. It reminds me several times a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, that's a great idea to make that a reminder screen saver.

      Delete
  2. I. So. Get. This! And I am learning each day that He WILL provide. This whole thing was His idea, so He will make a way, especially when there seems to be no way! Great, honest post, Sunshine! Glad your blog is up and running again!

    ReplyDelete