Monday, December 26, 2011

Let's Get Started

I have always enjoyed journaling. Although, I haven't journaled much since having kids. Who has the time right?! Apparently some do, since there are many many parenting blogs out there. I thought I'd try my hand at blogging now that the kids are 6 and 3 and I might now have 2 thoughts I can string together to make sense. :-) So, who knows what general randomness I can share.

Christmas was wonderful! The girls were very patient with us and actually let us sleep in. Which was good because we had quite a late night preparing for "Christmas Day." We began the morning by making a present for Jesus. We each made a paper heart for Jesus and hung it on the tree. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and then prayed. Then, the girls opened their gifts from Santa. My tiny blonde only wanted tutus for Christmas. So, I...I mean Mrs. Claus... made her 3 tutus: red and green, hot pink and purple, and light pink and white. Santa also had a pink and purple Pinkalicious shirt in her tutu box. She was thrilled....especially about the pink and purple tutu. The First born opened a box to reveal a Wii system. She was ecstatic! She said, "It's what I've always wanted!" (Praise God for friends who share! A friend gave Earl the Wii for free, even though he offered to pay for it, because her daughter had 2. What a gift!) Frankly, we could have stopped there, because those 2 big gifts were all they were interested in. Eventually, they opened their other gifts of clothes and accessories.

My Mom, Sister, Bro in Law, and Mema came over for lunch and gifts. It was a wonderful time with family. It was a wonderful weekend with family because we went to visit Earl's family on Friday. We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family. Christmas Day was spent with family. Tonight, we visited and exchanged gifts with my Dad. Besides Jesus, isn't that what Christmas is all about, Family!

Now, it's time to clean up the mess, pack up the decorations, and start getting rid of all the excess pounds from the holiday goodies. ;-) Oh and Laundry....the dreaded laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment